Our organic kava is sustainably grown and harvested from an island in Fiji. It is the base of all of our amazing products and holds the same medicinal properties. Kava has been used for centuries for ceremonial, social and medicinal use around the pacific islands and we are honored to be able to share such an ancient and sacred medicine with you here today. Whether you are sharing with loved ones or drinking to relax this potent powder will offer you what you need. Drink with intention and an open heart, offer gratitude to the land from which it came and most importantly enjoy!
How to prepare your kava beverage:
- Pour a glass of the beverage youd like to filter the kava into i.e water, any nut milks, juice ect. Can be cold, warm, or any temp in between.
- Put the kava powder into a small nylon material, or its equivalent bag. 2 or more teaspoons per cup.
- Dunk the small bag of kava into the beverage and "work" and squeeze the bag for a couple minutes until the beverage is brown. You will start to feel the powder begin to get more fibrous. During this time I like to put some good intentions into the kava. Once the beverage is at desired color and taste, may need to add more depending on your desired effect, you can empty the bag of used kava into your compost or favorite plant outside as a prayer or offering.
- Once you have a good base if you'd like to get creative with some recipes check out our recipe page! You can blend with other items or heat up to enjoy as a cozy warm beverage as long its its not above 100 degrees. It will begin to kill the properties if so.
- Here is a simple Hawaiian offering if you'd like to do before you drink. Its an all encompassing prayer but feel free to add anyone or anything you'd like to honor in this moment.
Dip your finger in your kava and sprinkle some to the left of you for Pa Pa (Mother Earth), to the right of you for Wakea (Father Sky), over the left shoulder for the Aumakua (Ancestors), and some in front of you for the Keikis (Children or future generations)
You can also view a How-to filter your kava video under our highlights on our Instagram page
Consult your doctor if are planning to take kava daily if...
• You are currently taking anti depressants or anti anxiety medication daily
• Pregnant or nursing
• Want to give to a child